The number of people in the United States with at least one tattoo is estimated at 45 million. Indeed, the tattoo industry continues to thrive. At the same time, body art tattoo removal has become an increasing phenomenon. The reasons for this can be both personal and/or aesthetic.
Although the reasons for tattoo removal vary, a growing number of our clients are seeking tattoo adjustment and removal procedures in order to create a new design.
Luckily, new techniques make adjustment procedures easier and, consequently, more attractive than ever.
Techniques we provide:
TEPRSOL® or Saline Natural Tattoo Removal
Body art designers and permanent cosmetic makeup professionals acclaim the Tatt2away® Tattoo Removal System as the most innovative natural tattoo-removal and re-design technology available today. Its patented tattoo-removal technology uses the natural ingredient TEPRSOL®, which removes all color pigments and ink.
The Tatt2away® Tattoo Removal System works using a technique similar to that used in applying a tattoo:
- First, the skin is lightly abraded in a patented pattern to reduce scarring.
- Rather than using ink, your technician then introduces a patented solution called TEPRSOL®.
- TEPRSOL® relies on the body’s natural healing response to reject the ink from the body in the form of a scab; it actually removes the ink from the body.
- Tatt2Away® treatments are designed to remove the tattoo in a series of visits for maximum results. Therefore the number of treatments depends on the size complexity, and location of the design. An average size tattoo (4 inches by 4 inches), may need 4 or 5 visits. we will determine the number of visits during the initial consultation.
- Discomfort from the procedure is comparable to that of a tattoo application. Treatment sessions last about 20-30 minutes. Time between treatment sessions is usually about six to eight weeks.
At your consultation, we will evaluate and discuss your tattoo removal needs, options, and benefits of tattoo removal procedures.
Natural Saline or TEPRSOL® Removal Benefits Over Laser Removal
Lasers are commonly used to remove most black and brown tattoos. However, these treatments are traditionally very expensive, painful, and can cause blistering. Also, due to the laser’s inability to break down lighter colors or colors that are very similar to the patient’s skin tone, this method cannot treat certain ink colors. Moreover, lasers are not advisable for dark skin tones. In addition, older tattoos are harder to remove. Another important factor to consider is that ink placed in the deep layers of the skin is not reachable by conventional laser.
Perhaps most noteworthy, the time investment for laser removal (8 to 12 visits) can be more than double the time needed for saline treatments. Consequently, laser treatments tend to be more costly (depending on the size of the tattoo area the provider will treat per visit). Finally, most lasers ultimately do not remove all pigment or ink tattoo colors. Consequently, more and more people are turning to Saline treatments for tattoo removal or adjustments.